2.3. You may deal with us anonymously, using a pseudonym, when it is practical for us to allow you to do. Usually, this is done when you are making general enquiries about our services and/or products. Please be aware that your request to be anonymous or to use a pseudonym may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you.
3. Types of information we collect
3.1. The types of personal information that we collect from you is dependent on the circumstances in which you interact with us.
3.2. We may collect the following personal information from you:
Which may include, your name, date of birth, occupation, address, email address, phone and fax numbers.
Responses to Questions
We may collect the answers you provide to questions we ask you and we may also collect transaction information, including financial details should you purchase products and services from us as well as any contract information from any prior dealings with us.
If we assist you, or your health service provider (such as a pharmacist) to provide you with a health related service we may, with your consent, collect your sensitive information.
We may collect your IP address, the name of your internet service provider, your browsers version, the details of any website that referred you to our website, the next website you visit and the country in which you are located (generally referred to as Cookies).
4. How we collect your personal information?
4.1. We collect personal information in a number of different ways, the most common being:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- via our website;
- from publicly available sources;
- from our related companies;
- from third parties, for example, from your treating health professional (such as a doctor, pharmacist or hospital) in connection with providing a health-related service to you; and from referees, if you apply for a position with us or seeking to contract to us.
5. The purposes for which we collect, use and disclosure your personal information
5.1. The purposes for which we use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances in which we collect it. Generally, we use and disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it;
- for other purposes to which you have consented to; and as otherwise authorised or required by law.
5.2. Whenever possible, we will always seek to advise you why we are collecting your personal information, how we intend to use that information and to whom we intend to disclose it to.
5.3. We will only collect health information about you with your consent and we will only use that information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. In circumstances where we may collect your personal information through third parties (e.g. from pharmacists, who are treating you). We will only do this if you have consented or where otherwise permitted or required by law.
5.4. Some of the purposes for which we collect, use and disclosure your personal include, but are not limited to, the following:
- clinical, epidemiology and outcomes research study management;
- adverse experience and product complaint reporting;
- communicating information to you about our products;
- to verify your identity;
- to contact you, including via email, SMS, mail, phone or facsimile;
- symposia, conferences and other scientific and educational programs;
- requests for product samples and orders for our products, where permitted by law;
- financial disclosure reporting;
- business research and market research;
- auditing our programs and resources for compliance and security purposes;
- identifying and engaging scientific experts and leaders;
- providing access to our resources and keeping track of our interactions with you both offline and online;
- tracking payments made to health care professionals for services performed on behalf of us;
- development of sales and marketing programs;
- if required, delivery of programs and materials to you; and to enable you to use online social media resources that we may offer from time to time.
5.5. Direct marketing involves communicating directly with you for the purpose of promoting goods or services to you and to provide you with special offers. You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing, or change your contact preferences, by contacting us.
5.6. Third party applications, such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, may be available from our website. The providers of those third party applications may collect personal information from you. Their collection of information is bound by their own information collection policies and practices. Your interactions with third party applications from our website may result in your information being shared with others within your social
network. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties as a result of your use of third party applications.
5.7. Our website may, at times, contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of third party websites.
6. Who do we disclosure your personal information to?
- Our related companies;
- Health care service providers or health professionals who provide services to you, or as required by law;
- Contractors and that provide goods and services to us. For example, these service providers may help us administer our Services, manage our website or process credit card payments, invoicing and debt recoveries. These service providers have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of your information. Where required by law, these service providers agree to only use such information for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us;
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers;
- government and regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals and other bodies as required or authorised by law;
- in an emergency, to medical and health service providers;
- any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information
6.2. We do not generally disclose personal information to recipients outside of Australia. However, in some circumstances, it may be necessary to send personal information to overseas recipients (including for storage purposes, recipients which may or may not be affiliated with us). The countries which are likely to receive your personal information are located include United States of America (USA), Japan and New Zealand (NZ). If we disclose personal information to overseas recipients, we will take reasonable steps to ensure overseas recipients of your personal information comply with the Privacy Act and the APPs. While such third parties will
often be subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations, you accept that where lawful obligations may differ from and be less stringent than the requirements of the Australian Privacy laws. In those cases we are not responsible for imposing the Australian Privacy laws, and you may not be able to seek redress under those laws.
7.1. We take reasonable commercial steps to hold your personal information securely in electronic or physical form. We store your personal information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. We require our third party data storage providers to comply with appropriate information security industry standards. All of our staff and third party providers with access to personal information are subject to confidentiality obligations. The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of Australia.
8. How do you access and/or change your personal information?
9. Questions, complaints or concerns?
9.1. If you have a complaint, question or concern about the way your personal information is collected, used, disclosed, and stored by us, including access to and correction of your personal information, or otherwise consider there may be a breach of the Privacy Act 1966 (Cth), please contact us via one of the contact details below:
Suite 2.03, Level 2
9 Help St, Chatswood NSW 2067
9.2. We will use reasonable efforts to resolve requests, questions, complaints or concerns you may have within 30 days or otherwise as soon as practicable.
9.3. We request that all queries, questions and complaints are made in writing.
9.4. We take all privacy related complaints seriously and it will assessed by an appropriate with the aim of resolvedly the complaint as quickly as possible. 9.5. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you may wish to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). See the below link for further information: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-aprivacy-complaint.