- ‘us’ ‘we’ or ‘our’ or ‘Otsuka’ means Otsuka Australia Pharmaceutical Pty Ltd (ACN 601 768 754), the Australian subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co Ltd and any of its subsidiaries or related bodies corporate.
- ‘Personal information’ includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. A reference to ‘personal information’ includes ‘sensitive information’ as defined in the Act.
- websites means www.otuska.com.au, www.jinarc.com.au or www.imadjin.com.au or any other websites controlled or owned by Otsuka in Australia.
2 What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your name
- age or date of birth
- email address
- telephone number and other contact details.
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries including your financial details;
- any information that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through surveys;
- any other personal information that may be required to facilitate your dealings with us including health information or information about your racial or ethnic origin where we provide you with a health related service or product.
3 How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of different ways, either directly from you or from third parties or from publicly available sources. We may collect this information when you:
- communicate directly with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- use or interact with our websites, services, content or advertising; and
- receive a health service from your health professional (such as a doctor, pharmacist or hospital).
In addition, when you apply for a job or position with us we may collect information such as your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks from any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to help us decide whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
4 Why do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
- to enable you to access and use our website, social media, products and services;
- to provide you with our products, product samples, programs and materials and to conduct various types of research including clinical, epidemiology and outcome based research in relation to our products;
- to operate, protect, improve, and optimise our website, services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research including clinical, epidemiology and outcomes and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer surveys, promotional activities or events including scientific and educational symposia, conferences and programs sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations including to audit our programs, keep records or report on adverse events, product quality complaints and payments to health care professionals for services performed on our behalf, resolve any disputes and enforce agreements with third parties; and to consider your employment application.
5 Do we use your information for direct marketing?
We, or a business partner acting on our behalf, may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication in accordance with the Spam Act and the Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out option provided in the relevant communication.
6 To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related companies;
- health care service providers or health professionals who provide services to you including in an emergency situation third party suppliers and service providers that are engaged to support our business. For example, these service providers may help us administer our services, manage our website or process credit card payments, invoicing and debt recoveries.
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers;
- government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies or as , required, authorised or permitted by law; specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us.
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services; and
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred.
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to recipients located offshore including in the United States of America, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Europe and counties in Asia Pacific. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or physical form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information including secure premises and access controlled electronic databases. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
8 How can you access or correct your personal information?
You can access personal information that we hold about you by contacting us using the contact below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
9 Using our website and cookies
We may from time to time have links to websites operated by third parties. These links are provided for your convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content on those linked websites and have no control over or rights in those linked websites. We encourage our users to make their own enquiries about those other websites when they leave our website. Links to third party websites are not intended to imply our sponsorship, endorsement or approval of these websites or those businesses.
11 How can you make a complaint?
If you think we have breached the Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
12 Contact us
Suite 2.03, Level 2
9 Help St, Chatswood NSW 2067
Effective: October 2021.