You may deal with us anonymously, or use a pseudonym, but only when this is practical. Usually, this is done when you are making general enquiries about our services and/or products. Please be aware that your request to be anonymous or to use a pseudonym may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you.
- Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information that we collect depends on the circumstances in which you interact with us, and includes but is not limited to:
- Contact Details
Which may include your name, date of birth, occupation, address, email address, phone and fax numbers.
- Responses to Questions
We may collect the answers you provide to questions we ask you and we may also collect transaction information, including financial details should you purchase products and services from us as well as any contract information from any prior dealings with us.
- Sensitive Information
If we assist you, or your health service provider (such as a pharmacist) to provide you with a health related service we may, with your consent, collect information that is considered “sensitive information”, such as health information and information about your racial or ethnic origin.
- How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information in a number of different ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- via our website;
- from publicly available sources;
- from our related companies;
- from third parties, for example, from your treating health professional (such as a doctor, pharmacist or hospital) in connection with providing a health-related service to you; and
- from referees, if you apply for a position with us or seek to contract with us.
- The purposes for which we collect, use and disclosure your personal information
The purposes for which we use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances in which we collect it. Generally, we use and disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it;
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
We will only collect health information about you with your consent and we will only use that information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. In circumstances where we may collect your personal information through third parties (e.g. from pharmacists, who are treating you), we will only do this if you have consented or where otherwise permitted or required by law.
Some of the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your personal information include, but are not limited to, the following:
- to conduct clinical, epidemiology and outcomes research study management;
- to conduct adverse experience and product complaint reporting;
- to send you information about our products;
- to verify your identity;
- to contact you, including via email, SMS, mail, phone or fax ;
- for purposes relating to symposia, conferences and other scientific and educational programs;
- to fulfil requests for product samples and orders for our products, where permitted by law;
- to conduct financial disclosure reporting;
- to conduct business research and market research;
- to audit our programs and resources for compliance and security purposes;
- to identify and engage scientific experts and leaders;
- to provide you with access to our resources and keep track of our interactions with you both offline and online;
- to track payments made to health care professionals for services performed on our behalf;
- to develop sales and marketing programs;
- if required, to deliver programs and materials to you; and
- to enable you to use online social media resources that we may offer from time to time.
- Who we disclose your personal information to
- our related companies;
- health care service providers or health professionals who provide services to you, or as required by law;
- third party contractors engaged to provide goods and services to us. For example, these service providers may help us administer our services, manage our website or process credit card payments, invoicing and debt recoveries.
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers;
- government and regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals and other bodies as required or authorised by law;
- in an emergency, to medical and health service providers; and
- any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information.
We do not generally disclose personal information to recipients outside Australia. However, in some circumstances, it may be necessary to send personal information to overseas recipients (including for storage purposes, to recipients which may or may not be affiliated with us). The countries where such recipients are likely to be located include United States of America, Japan and New Zealand.
We take reasonable commercial steps to hold your personal information securely in electronic or physical form. We store your personal information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. We require our third party data storage providers to comply with appropriate information security industry standards. All of our staff and third party providers with access to personal information are subject to confidentiality obligations. We are committed to protecting the personal information we collect and hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that no security system is impenetrable and no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information or electronic databases. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
- How to access and/or correct your personal information
- Questions, complaints or concerns
If you have a complaint, question or concern about our handling of your personal information or you would like access to or correction of your personal information, please contact us at:
Suite 2.03, Level 2
9 Help St, Chatswood NSW 2067
We request that all queries, questions and complaints are made in writing.
We take all privacy related complaints seriously and we will review your complaint and liaise with you directly to resolve your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you may wish to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-aprivacy-complaint.